The historic and imposing Kilmore Cathedral stands on an elevated wooded site adjacent to Lough Oughter. An interesting feature is the 12th century Romanesque doorway built into the outside wall of the vestry. The Cathedral also possesses an original copy of the first translation of the Old Testament into Irish by William Bedell, Bishop of Kilmore from 1629 to 1642. According to tradition, St. Fethlimidh founded a small church on the site in the 6th century.
+353 (0)49 433 7168