Castlecoote House

Roscommon County Council

Contact Details

Castlecoote House is a fortified 17th century strong house, converted and classicised in Georgian times.  It overlooks a beautiful stretch of the River Suck, just outside the village of Castlecoote, in the centre of County Roscommon. Surrounded by woodland and in the midst of a pastoral countryside, the mediaeval castle here was granted to Sir Charles Coote in 1616 and the present house was largely built between 1690 and 1720. 

Castlecoote House
Address

Castlecoote
County Roscommon